Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Feb 23rd Tuesday Las Palmeras dinner notes:
. Squire & Robin music.
Met Kathy & Al (sat next to me)
Jackie & Darryl leave tomorrow to return to Alberta
Eustachio worked 2hrs w/nephew, yard work

Eustachio was trimming the boganvilea in front of the house as I sat at my makeshift desk working on the laptop. I’ve positioned the desk in order to see the red boganvilea through the window.. The boganvileas are one of the things about the front of our house that I really love to see.

All of a sudden I heard a loud crash-thump-type sound & when I looked up from the desk I saw that the noise had come from the boganvileas crashing down onto the brick patio. All I could say was “Oh, no, Oh, no! Oh, NO!’

No one was at fault. It turns out that the branches that had been flowing over into the street were actually grabbing the other side of the wall & holding them up. They needed holding up because some awful, large, white worm, as thick as a finger & about 2” long had been eating at the trunks for years. When looking at the broken, fallen trunks we could see the worm holes & the wood was pulverized. You could actually break it in two almost as if it were a cracker!

I cried, big time…..of course that didn’t help anything & I’m over it…..sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment