Monday, August 27, 2012

Charlottetown. P.E.I.


AUG 27 MONDAY
ANNE OF GREEN GABLES the MUSICAL
I have my iPhone turned off while in Canada. I didn't want to be surprised with a humongous phone bill so I used Skype to call the theatre in Charlottetown.
The Confederation of the Arts.
The show was FABULOUS. The venue was great and we were "happy campers"!

This was an unexpected treat!
We bought these tickets on a whim using Skype on my laptop from the campground.
The highest price tickets would have been $75 each & we opted for the next lower priced ones for $65. 
The gal on the phone that booked us asked if we belonged to CAA or AAA. We do belong to AAA in the states & she gave us a discount. I hadn't even thought to ask. So the two tickets including a tax & a service fee came to $127. Our seats turned out to be very good and close enough to see make-up, costume details & facial expressions. We LIKE to see all that good stuff.
 I repeat myself when I say this show was fabulous.
 We've attended theatre all over the world & I say this was as good as something on Broadway or anywhere!

The girl that played Anne Shirley was Tess Benger. 
It's unbelievable the talent and the energy she exuded playing Anne. 
I mean…….E.N.E.R.G.Y!
She never stopped moving & talking & dancing & singing with such exuberance. Just as the young, very imaginative, over dramatic Anne that she played would have done.
The rest of the cast was excellent as well & the staging & costumes could not have been better.
Neither Joey nor I have ever read any of this book (books?).
Like I said we went on a whim for something to do in the evening.
This quality of production would be double the price in
Las Vegas or NYC.
The two & a half hours that just flew by! 

Yes, 2 1/2 hours. She, Tess,  must collapse after the show!

Oh, I forgot to say that we had been out driving all day today (about 170 miles)  We almost didn't make this show because of "another" lighthouse that we just HAD to see.

Fortunately didn't get lost in our last minute rush & we were able to find on-the-street free (after 6pm) parking only one block away from the theatre.
Yup, just like parking at home in Los Angeles….eh?     I wish!

I even wrote a review on TripAdvisor.com.
I use that website a lot to find travelers thoughts on various things & decided to help others that might be considering going to this musical.
I thought it might have been a kids show but it was truly for everyone.

We surely have been lucky with the last two stage productions we've seen.
(The one at the beginning of our trip in Solvang, Ca & now this one here in Charlottetown, PEI)

Charlottetown to be continued........









No comments:

Post a Comment