Saturday, July 28, 2012

Ft Scott KS….cute town.


Ft Scott KS….cute town , well preserved & more activity than some oldies. Too bad we didn't take any photos but it was just TOO DAMN HOT!

We did go to the library wanting to see if their old newspapers were digitized & possibly finding great granddaddy's name mentioned but it was closed when we got there @ 2pm due to  it's Saturday schedule.

Oh well, back on the road again.

We were both tired after trekking out to see Big Brutus in the heat.
(I now realize I've messed up my dates as I listen to the video I'm posting here....not important.....just a few dates off here & there to be expected when I take so long to post to the blog)

Anyway, after Ft Scott, KS We had no idea of where we were going to camp when after only 145 miles we lucked out & found a Federal Corp of Engineer  camp near Heritage, MO on Pomme du Terre Lake & Dam. 
The camp is Properly named: DAMSITE

Only $10 w our Golden Age Passport.
 It had hookups for electricity & water & bathrooms with free showers,
 lake views, 
lovely breezes 
& clean level parking spots…..this is GREAT!

The only thing missing was the internet….do I care? Nope. Not today anyway.

 Hey! The surprise was that we had TV reception….not cable but we were able to see a few of the Olympics & watch the weather news……
.......still HOT & getting hotter!

Hopefully, we'll be able to find some more Corp of Engineer campgrounds down the road.

We have no further plans for "sights" between here & my visit with my sister & mom in Coldwater, Michigan so I'll just add a few more photos of this DAMSITE campground.


It was really pretty here with the mentioned lake views. It wasn't crowded either so there was no one to block our views:   

No comments:

Post a Comment