Wednesday, July 18, 2012

SOLVANG, CA JULY 15-19 2012

We've finally begun our Autumn RV trip early.
We met some other RVers in Solvang, Ca.
We were there for four nights there & then began our eastward trek to the eastern provinces of Canada.



Solvang is a cute but touristy Danish town north of Santa Barbara. Joey & I have been here several times before & still enjoy the architecture & wandering around.

They have a beautiful farmers market too but we didn't take any pictures there.

In a small town nearby, Los Olivos, we had heard about a unique succulent nursery. It wasn't just a succulent nursery but also sort of a fantasyland of artworks! 


















I hope I can find this yellow one when we get home. The common name is Kangaroo Paws







Joey bought this silly little metal horse sitting on a horseshoe with some hooks for keys or utensils....whatever.




Look at Joey's hair!!! NO he didn't get a new "do". When I first looked at this one I couldn't figure what the heck was going on with his hair but when I zoomed in I was able to see the yellowish halo was a sunlit bush perfectly aligned with his head!  Too funny, eh?









No comments:

Post a Comment