Friday, July 20, 2012

MISC On The Road In the Boonies AZ OK KS

Meteor Crater AZ Remember the movie Starman? Well, this was the crater where Jeff Bridges got picked up by his "ship".
Actually, this is the rest area on the I-40 which has a cutoff that takes one several miles back to the crater. Joey & I have been there before so this trip we'll bypass it to skedaddle  off to Canada.
We DO love the red rocks all over the western states but this short stop in the rest area will have to tide us over until next trip in the West.


This is somewhere in OK or KS.
Once when we were younger & we were in Edmonton , Canada I got a photo of Joey on TOP of one of these. I'm not sure if they've gotten bigger or if ......well, you know?






We had four days of 104 degree temperatures. Dry but still hot as hell. These cow shots on the fly made me happy to know that my camera would be able to grab some shots speeding down the road as Joey drove.
 I turned the camera's dial to the SPORTS mode & even though we were moving along at a clip it was able to somewhat "freeze" these smart cows getting out of the sun trying to stay cool under the trees.

Every once in awhile a cow or two would have been outside of the group. I felt sorry for them. I wondered if cows can have a social problem? 
 





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment