Monday, September 17, 2012

Lunenburg part 2; The Ovens

We didn't leave the rig until 1pm today because the destination for today's side trip is only about 10 miles awayTHE OVENS.
This is a private, natural park on cliffs. There was gold rush here, 1861



The trails were beautiful & involved a LOT of steps up & down but my knees handled them well enough and I'm SO glad I didn't have to miss this !
THE OVENS are rocky  cliffs with caves that the water thunders into.
I never did find out just why the name "ovens" has to do with it !





P.S. re the OVENS walk;  The woman we bought the $4  "senior"  tickets from said it's usually abut a 45 minute round trip trail-walk. 
We spent just over  two hours….LOVED it. Every minute of it….
..........SO beautiful.
Well I thought I'd be posting THE BLUE ROCK photos here too but this has already gone too long so:
NEXT post will be : Lunenburg 3 Blue Rock



No comments:

Post a Comment