Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Lunenburg part 3 ; Blue Rocks

Blue Rock Is a short drive from Lunenburg so the 20 minute drive took us a few hours.....taking lots of photos of this very scenic area & driving on many of the spur roads off of the main one.
 I have a crazy compulsion to take a "peek" at every little road that looks interesting; so off we go!



 



Below is a slideshow/video & you need to click on the triangle/arrow to make it go. Some of my friends said they didn't know this .

Well we finished up the day by driving back into Lunenburg to watch the tide come in. We found a great spot across the harbor so we could look back at the port. 
This gave us a nice view of the waterfront with it's line of the "famous" red buildings as well as the colorful buildings up the hillside behind them.
This is our favorite time of day for photos.
 Long shadows & yellow-orange tints to most things. 
We drove to a place where we could just park at the side of the road & enjoy the wait for the tide and the sunset...….just taking it all in as the boats and sea gulls did their thing. 

We really felt so calm & relaxed, even after driving & touring all day....... Windows open in the car letting the breezes come through. 
We sat outside at times too just spending about an  hour hanging around & watching.

Oh one funny thing happened when I went to pull the binoculars out of it's shoulder bag. We usually  store the protective rubber caps ON the binoculars….I hate them! Silly me.
 I know they serve a purpose but every time I wish to use the binoculars I need to remove them. Big deal, eh? 
Hey, I'm always anxious to begin using the binoculars as quickly as possible so I don't miss some important happening! 

Well anyway, with the previous use I'd only thrown the rubber caps into the bag & instead of placing them on the glass ends. One fell out onto the ground when I did so.
 I picked it up & tossed it into the car willy-nilly (somewhat belligerently not wanting to put them back in the bag.)
 As I tossed it;  it went NOT into the car but straight THROUGH the car & outside the opened window on the other side....... over the 5 foot sea wall into the briny rocks waiting for the tide to wash over them….soon.
GONE! I didn't even care. Good riddance! Now I don't need to mess with them ever again!

I was waiting for Joey to react. He hates it when I have a little fit like that but he just laughed & didn't say a word. (smart man, eh?)

About 1/2  hour later after meandering around the rocks he shows up with the rubber cap in hand. (damn, just couldn't get rid of it)
Hey, what a retriever!
I should have know he'd have found a way before the tide came in all the way.

Stayed up until 4am handling photos.
That's it for the Lunenburg area & we'll be off tomorrow for the other side of  this Nova Scotia peninsula to the BAY OF FUNDY!

No comments:

Post a Comment